Connectionists: 2nd Call for abstracts Young Female Researchers in Speech Workshop 2019, Graz, Austria

Odette Scharenborg o.e.scharenborg at tudelft.nl
Wed May 8 10:05:51 EDT 2019

Dear colleague,

with apologies for cross-posting, I would be very grateful if you could
disseminate the workshop announcement below within your networks,
especially to any bachelor/masters' students or undergraduates who may be
interested in attending.

Best wishes,
Odette

--------

2nd Call for Abstracts: Young Female Researchers in Speech Workshop 2019
website: https://sites.google.com/view/yfrsw-2019/home
Date: 14 September 2019
Deadline: 1 June 2019

What it is about:

The Young Female Researchers in Speech Workshop (YFRSW) is a workshop for
women undergraduate and masters students who are currently working in
speech science and technology. It is designed to foster interest in
research in our field in women at the undergraduate or master level who
have not yet committed to getting a PhD in speech science or technology
areas, but who have had some research experience in their college and
universities via individual or group projects.

The workshop is to be held prior to Interspeech 2019 on Saturday September
14th, 2019, in Graz, Austria. It will feature panel discussions with PhD
students and senior researchers in the field, student poster presentations
and a mentoring session. Student poster presentations should give an
overview of a current or planned research project in which the student is
involved, with an emphasis on promoting discussion.

The workshop is the fourth of its kind, after a successful inaugural
event  YFRSW 2016, at Interspeech 2016 in San Francisco, USA, YFRSW 2017
at Interspeech 2017 in Stockholm, Sweden,  and YFRSW 2018 at Interspeech
in Hyderabad, India.

Travel funds are available for students accepted to attend the workshop.

How to submit:

To attend the workshop please send an abstract describing your (planned)
research (maximum of 300 words). This abstract should be submitted by
email to yfrsw2019 at gmail.com by June 1, 2019.

Abstracts will be reviewed by the committee and applicants will be
notified as soon as possible. We will emphasize inclusivity although all
submissions should be in the core scientific domains covered by
Interspeech.

Please direct any questions to: yfrsw2019 at gmail.com