Connectionists: Postdoc fellow on music generation with emotion at SUTD

Dorien Herremans dorien.herremans at gmail.com
Tue May 7 04:41:47 EDT 2019

Our team at Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is looking
for a postdoc fellow in *automatic music generation*. You will be joining
our team in music/audio/vision AI supervised by Prof. Dorien Herremans.
More information on the music/audio team here
<http://dorienherremans.com/team>.

You will be working on a 3 year project called ''aiMuVi: AI Music generated
from Videos", which focuses on automatically generating music by specifying
the emotion/tension throughout the musical piece so that it matches the
emotion content extracted from videos.

Required skillset:
- pref. experience in music generation systems
- knowledgeable in deep neural networks
- savy programmer with experience in MIDI/web architectures/NN
- creative problem solver
- strong academic writing skills
- PhD in computer science, MIR, neural networks, or related

The ideal candidate has experience working with music generation and is
willing to work with our PhD students in the lab to leverage individual
efforts into a combined system.

This is a three year project sponsored by MOE. We offer a competitive
salary, with an initial 1 year contract, extendable for up to 3 years.
Singapore is a vibrant city with a warm climate year-round. It is a
technological hub in South East Asia, and English is the first language.

Please email your application, including your cv, 2-3 first author
publications, and a reference letter, to dorien_herremans [ad] sutd.edu.sg
with subject [application MOE postdoc]. Ideal start date is July 1st.

We encourage traditionally underrepresented groups, such as minorities and
women, to apply.

--
Dorien Herremans, PhD
Assistant Professor

Singapore University of Technology and Design
Information Technology and Design Pillar
Office 1.502-18