Connectionists: A revised electromagnetic theory of the brain

Patirniche, Dinu patirniche at biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Thu May 2 13:28:01 EDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

A common dogma of neuroscience is that all electrical events occurring
in the brain are well described by an electrostatic theory. However,
adopting a geometric attitude it becomes immediately clear that the
propagation of an action potential induced a non-conservative electric
field within nearby spines, and thus an electromagnetic description of
the function of a brain is unavoidable.

I would like to present to you with a revised and simplified version of
the theory I advanced last year, entitled "Dynamic Aspects of Finite
Architectures". The current work can be accessed here:
doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.20738.73925 .

Best,
Dinu Patirniche.