Connectionists: Call for Vision Papers - $100K in Prizes at ECVC 2019

Abigail Hunter-Syed abby at ldv.co
Wed Mar 13 10:49:53 EDT 2019

Good morning,

Use your ECCV or CVPR submission, coursework, etc. to apply to our
Entrepreneurial
Computer Vision Challenge <http://www.ldv.co/visionsummit/2019/competitions> as
part of the LDV Vision Summit <http://www.ldv.co/visionsummit/> May 22-23
in New York City

*Send in your paper or deck
<http://www.ldv.co/visionsummit/2019/competitions> up by March 24* or email
a link to abby at ldv.co.

Sub-finalists receive:

   - Mentoring & review by top computer vision experts & entrepreneurs
   <http://www.ldv.co/about> like Serge Belongie (Cornell), Gaile Gordon
   (MIT) and Andrew Rabinovich (Magic Leap). [2019 evolving list of equally
   high calibre judges <http://www.ldv.co/visionsummit/2019/competitions>]
   - Two free tickets to our LDV Vision Summit 2019
   - Finalists present on stage to 600+ visual tech companies, investors &
   academics
   - Win prizes worth over $100K in Google Cloud credits & more.

Join competitors from top-tier universities such as Stanford, MIT and
Cornell in presenting your research. Previous competitors have discovered
co-founders, met investors and received job opportunities as a result of
competing
<http://www.ldv.co/blog/2017/2/24/you-are-brilliant-but-nobody-knows-it-fix-it>.
Quotes below from past competitors.

Get in touch with any questions, including if your research is relevant for
the ECVC. Please share with colleagues, professors, students and former
students. More information is below and on the website.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Evan Nisselson, Partner - LDV Capital <http://www.ldv.co/about>
Abby Hunter-Syed, LDV Capital <http://www.ldv.co/about>

"*I've never seen a conference like this - you have pure computer vision
conferences like CVPR or ICCV or you have GTC-type conferences that are
based on one company's resources.  This is an interesting mix of something
computer vision and entrepreneurial - it is very unique in that sense, I
have never seen anything like it before. It is a lot of fun.*" -*Timnit
Gebru (Stanford --> GoogleAI), 2017 ECVC Winner *
<http://www.ldv.co/blog/2017/7/18/timnit-gebru-wins-2017-ecvc-leveraging-computer-vision-to-predict-race-education-and-income-via-google-streetview-images>

“*Presenting at the ECVC last year gave me visibility...it was how I came
into contact with my current team at Facebook*.” *-Divyaa Ravichandran (CMU
--> Facebook), 2016 ECVC Finalist
<http://www.ldv.co/blog/2017/3/1/hired-at-facebook-after-showcasing-research-in-visual-technology-at-the-ldv-vision-summit-an-interview-with-divyaa-ravichandran>*

“*The most valuable part of the Vision Summit was connecting with three
different companies potentially interested in building on our technology,
and with four different potential investors/advisors.*” *-Sean Bell, CEO &
Co-founder of GrokStyle (Cornell --> GrokStyle, sold to Facebook), 2016
ECVC Winner
<http://www.ldv.co/blog/2016/5/30/grokstyle-wins-ldv-vision-summit-2016>*

--
*Abigail Hunter-Syed*