Connectionists: Faculty position in computational neuroscience and machine learning at Bristol University

Rui Ponte Costa rui.costa at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Mar 8 09:57:07 EST 2019

In the Department of Computer Science at the University of Bristol we are seeking to appoint a faculty member in Computational Neuroscience and Machine Learning at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level, comparable to Assistant or Associate Professorship level.

http://bit.ly/Bristol_neuro_job

Candidates are sought with expertise in computational neuroscience or computational cognitive science and preference will be given to candidates whose research interests emphasise the parts of our discipline that are informed by, or relate, to machine learning.

The University of Bristol is a significant centre for both computational neuroscience and machine learning and a leader in experimental, clinical and cognitive neuroscience. There is a robust tradition of collaboration between experimental and computational neuroscientists. Bristol itself is a friendly green coastal city with a rich and lively cultural scene and has consistently been voted one of the best places to live in the UK.

You are welcome to contact one of us (conor.houghton || cian.odonnell || rui.costa)@bristol.ac.uk, or our head of department Seth Bullock, seth.bullock at bristol.ac.uk<mailto:seth.bullock at bristol.ac.uk>, to discuss the post informally.

The closing date for applications is 31 March, with interviews in late May. We value diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity.

All the best

Conor Houghton

Cian O'Donnell

Rui Ponte Costa