Connectionists: [JOB] hands-on team lead in Lausanne, Switzerland - November, 1st

Yariv Levy yariv.levy at cognitioai.ch
Mon Jun 24 09:59:30 EDT 2019

TEAM LEADER - CognitioAI Ltd. - http://cognitioAI.ch/
Workplace: Lausanne (Switzerland) - Starting date: November 1st 2019

OUR PROFILE
CognitioAI Ltd. is a Data Science Lab, based in Switzerland, specialized in
leveraging Advanced Analytics (AA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to
solve business problems, consult best data usage, and conduct applied
cutting-edge research. We combine deep subject matter expertise,
versatility, project management capabilities, end-to-end management, and a
proven track record.
We are looking for new team members, with exceptional soft-skills and
outstanding hard skills. Long story short, we like to share lunch-time
together, talking about everyday life, sports, travels, politics, etc. and
we transform into highly trained geeks when we are in front of our
computers extracting leverageable information from Terabytes of structured
and unstructured data (per day…!). What are these TB of data all about? As
we are still in stealth mode, we prefer to keep it a bit confidential.
Trust us... it’s fun!

OUR PROPOSITION
We will build and maintain end-to-end AA/AI pipelines to solve concrete
problems. Our work will affect more than 20 million people worldwide. We
will have 2500 colleagues around the world (e.g., Israel, USA, UK, Germany,
Canada, Belarus, Romania, Argentina, and others). Our office will be in a
central location in Lausanne, where we will start with a group of about 15
people - half Data Engineers (DEs) and half Data Scientists (DSs).
Conditions are competitive, and you will start working on November 1st 2019.
We believe in leading by example: you will be the hands-on technical leader
for a team of around seven highly skilled DEs and DSs.

YOUR PROFILE
You bring in an outstanding academic background, ideally with a PhD in
Computer Science focused on AI, ML, or AA.
You have proven experience in Industry with:
   - Conventional ML (e.g., PCA, Random Forest, XGBoost, Bayesian Network,
SVM, Linear Classifiers, etc.)
   - Recent ML methods, particularly deep learning (e.g., CNNs, GRUs,
LSTMs, GANs, Autoencoders, etc.)
   - RL and Markov Models, Time series, NLP, etc.
   - Coding in Python and/or R, SQL, maybe even Scala
   - Strong experience with Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, Kafka,
Hadoop, etc.)
Fluency in English is required (written and spoken).

RESTRICTIONS
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is highly
preferable for this position. (We are already sponsoring some Swiss working
permits this year, sorry!)

INTRIGUED? WANT TO APPLY?
Send us a short mail describing who you are, attach your CV and a couple of
links to some fun projects that showcase your knowledge and experience. Our
email is gameON at cognitioAI.ch. Please use the subject “I’m an awesome tech
lead looking for an awesome job :-)”

--

*Yariv Z. Levy, PhD*
http://cognitioAI.ch