Connectionists: Postdoctoral research position in neuroscience

Harris, Kenneth kenneth.harris at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Jun 16 06:31:12 EDT 2019

Our neuroscience research team at University College London is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to study how large populations of neurons work together to process information. This work involves analyzing simultaneous recordings of neurons from across the brain, using advanced tools from statistics and machine learning.

This position would suit candidates with a first degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Neuroscience, or a related field. Strong programming skills are essential (we mostly use Python and MATLAB). Knowledge of neuroscience is desirable, but we will also consider candidates with a machine learning background who are interested in learning neurobiology.  The job involves analyzing experimental data, but does not require performing experiments, and we encourage applicants with a background in theoretical neuroscience or data science to apply.

To apply, go to https://www.ucl.ac.uk/human-resources/working-ucl/jobs-ucl, click "Search for a job" and enter reference number 1805922.

Women and unrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. The deadline for applications in 12 July 2019.

Kenneth D. Harris
Professor of Quantitative Neuroscience
Institute of Neurology, Department of Neuroscience, Physiology, and Pharmacology
University College London
Cruciform Building, Gower Street
London WC1E 9BT
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7679 0709