Connectionists: Postdoc position in Machine Learning @ German Aerospace Center (DLR)

Anna.Kruspe at dlr.de Anna.Kruspe at dlr.de
Fri Jul 26 08:07:35 EDT 2019

The German Aerospace Center's Institute of Data Science in Jena, Germany, is currently seeking a postdoc with at least 3 years' experience in deep learning.

Our newly established machine learning group focuses on developing deep learning approaches for a broad range of applications. This group maintains a close cooperation with the Remote Sensing Technology Institute in Oberpfaffenhofen, and is in frequent contact with other institutes of the German Aerospace Center (DLR). As such, the developed methods will be applied and evaluated in various domains with close relevance to applications within DLR, particularly earth observation. Quality control for these methods is also emphasized; aspects of this include validation, robustness, uncertainty modeling, and interpretability. This position will focus in particular on the development of novel approaches for low-resource tasks and noisy data.

A full description of the position, including the link to the application portal, is available here:
https://www.dlr.de/dlr/jobs/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-10596/1003_read-33291/

For questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

--

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)

Institute of Data Science | Data Management and Analysis | Mälzerstraße 3 | D-07745 Jena

Dr. Anna Kruspe | Acting Group Lead Machine Learning

Telefon +49 3641 30960 127 | anna.kruspe at dlr.de<mailto:anna.kruspe at dlr.de>

DLR.de<http://www.dlr.de/>