Connectionists: PhD and PostDoc Positions in Computer Vision

Björn Ommer bjoern.ommer at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jul 24 14:58:55 EDT 2019

PhD and PostDoc Positions in Computer Vision

The Computer Vision group at Heidelberg University (Germany) is offering
several fully funded PhD and PostDoc positions that became available
with several recently acquired research grants. Your future research
will be on different aspects of image and video understanding, with a
particular focus on topics such as image and video synthesis,
disentangled representation learning, visual retrieval, human behavior
analysis, or deep metric learning. There is also the optional
possibility to explore applications of this fundamental research through
existing collaborations of the Computer Vision group in different areas
such as automotive or neuroscience. You should have a strong background
in vision and learning and be fluent in Python as well as English.

Our group offers an inspiring environment for your future research and
our institute provides all you need to carry it out. And besides: the
entire department has recently moved into a shiny new building with
beautiful views of the picturesque medieval city of Heidelberg. The
salary of the full position is competitive (TVL/13 up to TVL/14).

Your application should include a CV, a cover letter including a
statement of research interests, a transcript of records, a list of
publications, and two academic references. Should you have any other
documents in support of your application that you want us to be excited
about, send us a link – your and our mailserver will thank you. Please
send your application as a PDF to
hci.applications at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de. For further inquiries please
contact Prof. Dr. Björn Ommer (hci.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/Staff/bommer).