Connectionists: school and conference on nonlinear dynamics at ICTP-SAIFR (Sao Paulo, Brazil)

Rodrigo Alonso goguialonso at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:09:03 EST 2019

ICTP-SAIFR Preparatory School for StatPhys 2019

Start time: July 1, 2019

Ends on: July 5, 2019

Location: São Paulo, Brazil

Venue: IFT-UNESP

This school will introduce graduate students and young researchers to a set
of tools and concepts that underlie many of the works being performed in
modern Statistical Physics. The school will consist of a set of courses and
discussion sessions and serve as a preparation for Stat. Phys. 2019.  There
is no registration fee and limited funds are available for travel and local
expenses.

*Courses: *

 I. *Introduction to nonlinear dynamics* – *Gabriel B. Mindlin* (University
of Buenos Aires, Argentina)

 II. *Multi-agent models in complex networks* – *Pablo Balenzuela* (University
of Buenos Aires, Argentina)

 III. *Criticality, with applications to neuroscience* – *Mauro Copelli* (UFPE,
Brazil)

*Special Lectures *

*To be announced *– *William Bialek* (Princeton, USA)

*Statistical physics: state of the art (I and II)* – *Maxi San Miguel* (IFISC,
Spain)

*Organizers:*

   - Pablo Balenzuela (University of Buenos Aires, Argentina)
   - Mauro Copelli (UFPE, Brazil)
   - Gabriel Mindlin (University of Buenos Aires, Argentina)

*Application deadline : May 5, 2019*

More information: www.ictp-saifr.org/StatPhys2019