Connectionists: Post-doctoral position - Context-Aware Swarm Intelligence/Robotics

Hussein Abbass h.abbass at adfa.edu.au
Tue Jan 1 21:57:47 EST 2019

A post-doctoral position suitable for a PhD graduate with interest in swarm intelligence/robotics, neural networks, learning classifier systems, fuzzy reasoning, formal grammar, and designing hybrid symbolic and non-symbolic AI algorithms.

Location: University of New South Wales (UNSW), the Canberra Campus, Australia.
School: School of Engineering and Information Technology
Employment Type: Full time
Salary Range: Level A - $94,514 (+9.5% super and leave loading)
Duration of Employment: 3 years (renewed annually based on performance)
Inquiry: Prof. Hussein Abbass by emailing both my email addresses h.abbass at adfa.edu.au<mailto:h.abbass at adfa.edu.au> and hussein.abbass at gmail. com.
Applications close: 11:30 pm (AEST), 8/2/2019.

About the role: Join my group to work on an exciting project in the area of Swarm Intelligence and Swarm Robotics. We are looking for a self-motivated Computational Intelligence PhD graduate (Learning Classifier Systems, Fuzzy Reasoning, Neural Networks) interested in developing Hybrid symbolic and non-symbolic Learning and Reasoning algorithms for Distributed Context-Aware Swarm Intelligence. Our aim is to transform swarm intelligence into truly distributed systems featuring transparency and ability to manage uncertainties.

Location: You will join the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in the Canberra Campus, Australia. UNSW is one of Australia's leading research and teaching universities, consistently ranked in the top 100 worldwide. Our world-class research focuses on areas critical to the future - from climate change and renewable energies to life-saving medical treatments and breakthrough technologies. Whether you're an academic or professional employee, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that the work you do each day makes a difference.

How to apply: visit https://husseinabbass.net/position12019.html for information

Applications close: 11:30 pm (AEST), 8/2/2019.