Connectionists: Permanent academic position at University of Glasgow

Roderick Murray-Smith Roderick.Murray-Smith at glasgow.ac.uk
Sat Feb 23 15:29:39 EST 2019

We are looking for an outstanding academic who can work in our Information, Data and Analysis Section in areas such as Machine learning, Information Retrieval, Vision and Sensor-based systems and Data Systems. This is part of a call for four posts associated with Autonomous systems. All posts are available at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer/Reader (equivalent to Assistant or Associate Professor), subject to eligibility.

Our primary criterion is academic excellence in the areas above.  We are especially in academics with a research interest in on topics like: Interpretable/explainable Machine learning, Accountability, Fairness, Confidentiality and Transparency in Information Retrieval, Applications of AI/ML in health, or science, Probabilistic Programming, but we encourage applications from excellent candidates in the general areas as well.

The Information, Data and Analysis Section is led by Professor Roderick Murray-Smith, and has 13 academics, and 35 postdoctoral fellows, research assistants and PhD students active in this area.
IDA section:  https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/computing/research/researchsections/ida-section/
Vacancy ref: https://www22.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_glasgow01.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=97138,1234126521&key=205457982&c=14769861876823&pagestamp=seqlycfhczwdvymcbjhttp://online.fliphtml5.com/hjth/jsdv/http://online.fliphtml5.com/hjth/qzdi/

Closing date:  Sunday, 31 March 2019
Interviews (shortlist): Tuesday, 28 May 2019

Candidates who have delivered a presentation within the School recently may not be required to complete the presentation part of the stage 2 interview.‌
More details available at: https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/computing/worldchangerswelcome/

For informal enquiries please contact:
Professor Rod Murray-Smith
Email: mailto:Roderick.Murray-Smith at glasgow.ac.uk

Professor Roderick Murray-Smith
Head of Section, Information, Data and Analysis Section,
Inference, Dynamics and Interaction Research Group
School of Computing Science
University of Glasgow
Phone: +44 141 330 4984
Web: http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~rod

An t-Ollamh Ruairidh Murray-Smith
Ceannard Roinne, Roinn Fiosrachaidh, Dàta agus Anailis
Buidheann Rannsachaidh air Co-dhùnadh, Dinimigeachd agus Eadar-obrachadh
Sgoil Saidheans na Coimpiutaireachd
Oilthigh Ghlaschu