Connectionists: 2nd Call for Papers ISMIR 2019 - Delft, The Netherlands

Arthur Flexer arthur.flexer at ofai.at
Mon Feb 18 10:00:38 EST 2019

ISMIR 2019, Delft, The Netherlands, November 4-8 2019

20th International Conference on Music Information Retrieval

http://ismir2019.ismir.net

The annual conference of the International Society for Music Information
Retrieval (ISMIR) is the world’s leading research forum on processing,
analyzing, searching, organizing and accessing music-related data. The
20th ISMIR conference, to be held in Delft, The Netherlands, welcomes
contributions related to any aspect of Music IR, including foundations
and theories for music processing, evaluation algorithms, applications,
and analysis.

CALL FOR PAPERS

ISMIR 2019 welcomes full-paper contributions to any aspect of Music IR.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:

   * MIR data and fundamentals.

   * Domain knowledge.

   * Evaluation and Methodology.

   * Musical features and properties.

   * Music processing.

   * User-centered Music IR.

   * Applications.

More details about submissions can be found at
http://ismir2019.ewi.tudelft.nl/?q=call-for-papers

Important Dates

Abstract Submission, April 5, 2019

Final Submission, April 12, 2019

Notification of Acceptance, June 7, 2019

Camera-Ready Upload, June 28, 2019

CALL FOR ANNIVERSARY PAPERS

To commemorate this year's anniversary of 20 years of ISMIR conferences,
ISMIR 2019 calls for special papers which reflect on the development of
MIR as a research field by charting MIR's progress over the last two
decades, and also elaborate on MIR's future. We are looking for
thought-provoking and insightful papers reflecting on the evolution of
the Music IR field as a whole or particular topics therein.

More details about anniversary submissions can be found at
http://ismir2019.ewi.tudelft.nl/?q=call-for-anniversary-papers

Presentation and Special Issue

Only a few anniversary papers will be selected for publication, and they
will have oral presentations at the conference. Extended versions will
be considered for inclusion, together with a regular set of submissions,
for a special issue of the Transactions of the ISMIR.

IMPORTANT FOR ISMIR 2019

This year we specially call for submissions that explicitly discuss
reusable insights, that is, insights that may go beyond the scope of the
paper, domain or application, in order to build up consistent knowledge
across the MIR community.

In order to maintain the legitimacy for our double-blind review process,
we discourage authors from posting near duplicate manuscripts on public
archives (technical reports, arXiv, etc.)

Scientific Program Chairs

Arthur Flexer, Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence
Geoffroy Peeters, LTCI - Télécom ParisTech, France
Julián Urbano, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Anja Volk, Utrecht University, The Netherlands

General Conference Chairs

Cynthia Liem, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands

Emilia Gómez, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain