Connectionists: PhD positions - Learning in Spiking Neural Networks

Robert Legenstein robert.legenstein at igi.tugraz.at
Fri Feb 8 09:44:07 EST 2019

The Lab of Robert Legenstein at TU Graz is offering funded PhD positions
in the areas Spiking Neural Networks/Machine Learning/Brain
Models/Neuromorphic Hardware. A background in Machine Learning, Computer
Science, or Mathematics is desirable, as well as evidence for excellent
prior performance as a student.

Successful candidates will work on learning algorithms for spiking
neural networks in the interdisciplinary consortium of the EU-funded
project SYNCH. We will develop in this project learning algorithms for
spiking neural networks (unsupervised, supervised, and reward-based).
Hardware experts will implement these algorithms in cooperation with our
team in a spiking neural network chip. The chip will be applied to
various tasks within a brain-silicon hybrid system such as the
classification of recorded brain network states.
(see
https://www.tugraz.at/institute/igi/people/prof-legenstein/projects/ for
a brief description).

Please send your application including a CV, any prior thesis and/or
work by February 28 to
robert.legenstein at igi.tugraz.at

Dr. Robert Legenstein
Institute Head
Institute for Theoretical Computer Science
Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16b/I, 8010 Graz, Austria

http://www.igi.tugraz.at/legi/
Follow @CompLegenstein on Twitter.