Connectionists: Computational & Cognitive Neuroscience Summer School 2019

Christopher Honey christopher.honey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 21:25:37 EST 2019

We are pleased to announce the 9th Computational and Cognitive Neuroscience
(CCN) Summer School which will take place June 29 - July 21, 2019 in
Suzhou, China.

Designed to emphasize higher cognitive functions and their underlying
neural circuit mechanisms, the course aims at training talented and highly
motivated students and postdoctoral fellows from Asia and around the world.
We welcome both applicants with quantitative backgrounds (including
Physics, Mathematics, Engineering and Computer Science) and those with
experimental backgrounds. The lectures will introduce the basic concepts
and methods, as well as cutting-edge research on higher brain functions
such as decision-making, attention, learning and memory. Modeling will be
taught at multiple levels, ranging from single neuron computation and
microcircuits up to large-scale systems and machine-learning approaches.
Python-based programming labs coordinated with the lectures will provide
practical training in important computational methods.

Course information and application instructions are available on the CCN
Summer School website: www.ccnss.org

Applications are being accepted through the Cold Spring Harbor Asia
website: http://www.csh-asia.org/summerschool_SCOSYNEinstruct.html

The application deadline is March 8.

Faculty:
Carlos Brody          (Princeton)
Bob Desimone       (MIT)
Bard Ermentrout    (Pitt)
Winrich Freiwald    (Rockefeller)
Biyu He                  (NYU)
Sukbin Lim             (NYU)
John Murray           (Yale)
Jascha Sohl-Dickstein   (Google Brain)
Jon Winawer           (NYU)
Byron Yu                 (CMU)

Organizers:
Dora Angelaki               (NYU)
Xiao-Jing Wang            (NYU)
Christopher Honey        (Johns Hopkins)
Robert Guangyu Yang  (Columbia)

Feel free to direct any questions to Chris Honey ( chris.honey at jhu.edu )
and Robert Guangyu Yang ( robert.yang at columbia.edu ).