Connectionists: Theoretical Neuroscience faculty position (open rank) at the Gatsby Unit, UCL

Maneesh Sahani maneesh+connectionists at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 13:14:14 EST 2019

The Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit at University College
London invites applications for an academic position in theoretical
neuroscience at the rank of Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant
Professor), Associate Professor, or Professor. The appointment will be
made at a rank appropriate to the experience and international
standing of the successful candidate.

Established in 1998 through a generous grant from the Gatsby
Charitable Foundation, the Gatsby Unit has been a pioneering centre
for both theoretical neuroscience and machine learning. We have core
funding to support six positions, associated postdocs and PhD
students, and computational resources. Faculty may raise additional
funds through grants from national and international funding bodies
and charities. We have no undergraduate programme, so only
graduate-level teaching and supervision is required.

The Unit is located in London's vibrant West End, sharing a new
purpose-built home with the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre (SWC) for Neural
Circuits and Behaviour, near the Gower street campus.  Our close
connection with the SWC offers an unparalleled opportunity for
theorists and experimentalists to work together towards an
understanding of computation in neural systems.  Both the Unit and SWC
are embedded in the vibrant neuroscience community at UCL, with over
450 groups studying neural function at levels from the molecular to
the cognitive.

The Unit offers internationally competitive salaries.

We particularly welcome female applicants and those from an ethnic
minority, as they are under-represented within UCL at this level.

For informal enquiries, please contact Maneesh Sahani
(maneesh at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk). All applications received before 28
February 2019 will be reviewed together. If the position remains
unfilled following this review, further rounds of application will be
considered.

For more information, and a link to the online application portal,
please visit  http://www.gatsby.ucl.ac.uk/vacancies/
UCL vacancy reference: 1780734

--
Maneesh Sahani, Ph.D.
Professor of Theoretical Neuroscience and Machine Learning,