Connectionists: Deep learning for biomedical imaging internship at Roche

Torben-Nielsen, Ben ben.torben-nielsen at roche.com
Mon Dec 16 10:12:41 EST 2019

Dear all,

In our group, Diagnostics Information Solutions (DIS) at Roche, we
have an opening for a six month internship position (located at the
headquarters in Basel, Switzerland). At DIS, we primarily work on
clinical decision support apps that help clinicians and hospitals in
attaining better patient care.

We are looking for an intern to further develop prototype clinical
decision support apps for our commercial NAVIFY platform. The focus of
this project is on interpretability of deep (reinforcement) learning
algorithms to analyse biomedical images.

Candidates *must* be enrolled in an MSc/PhD program (computer science,
physics or engineering). Furthermore, candidates
- have demonstrable expert skills with deep learning, preferably
implemented in Pytorch
- know how to run computationally demanding simulations with large
amounts of data on the cloud; preferably AWS (using Docker and
Kubernetes).
- can wrangle data to obtain and pre-process data sets.

Applications *must* include CV and a cover letter with a motivational statement.

More information can be found here:
http://static.uniserver.ch/roche/l/MjAxOTEyLTEzNTQyMw%3D%3D

Kind regards, Ben