Connectionists: CFP NeurIPS2019 AI↔Neuro Workshop: Real Neurons & Hidden Units

Jessica Thompson jessicathompson00 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 13:23:58 EDT 2019

Call for Papers: NeurIPS2019 Workshop

Real Neurons & Hidden Units:

Future directions at the intersection of neuroscience and artificial
intelligence

Workshop website: https://sites.google.com/mila.quebec/neuroaiworkshop
<https://sites.google.com/mila.quebec/neuroaiworkshop/home>

Submission deadline: September 6, 2019

Contact: neuroaiworkshop at gmail.com

We invite contributions at the intersection of neuroscience and AI. In
particular, we encourage work that identifies novel questions about the
brain, which are informed by the recent successes of AI, and that establish
key brain mechanisms that hold promise for further advancement of AI.
Topical areas include but are not limited to:

   -

   study of recurrent dynamics,
   -

   inductive biases to guide learning,
   -

   global versus local learning rules,
   -

   interpretability of network activity,
   -

   connectivity structure.

A strict requirement for admission is that the topic must be at the
intersection of AI and Neuroscience, in that the work must leverage
findings from one field to advance the other or address important questions
common to both.

Submissions must be within four pages. Accepted contributions will be
invited to present posters. A select number will be also invited to present
short talks.

Invited speakers:

Ila Fiete (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)

Surya Ganguli (Stanford University)

Tim Lillicrap (DeepMind/University College London)

Doina Precup (McGill University/DeepMind)

Blake Richards (McGill University)

Cristina Savin (New York University)

David Sussillo (Google Brain/Stanford University)

Please see the workshop website
<https://sites.google.com/mila.quebec/neuroaiworkshop/home> for further
details.

We look forward to receiving your submission!

On behalf of the organizers,

Guillaume Lajoie (UdeM/Mila)

Eli Shlizerman (UW)

Maximilian Puelma Touzel (UdeM/Mila)