Connectionists: Faculty positions at University of Miami

Odelia Schwartz odelia at cs.miami.edu
Wed Aug 21 03:18:09 EDT 2019

The Department of Computer Science at University of Miami has openings for
faculty positions in the broad areas of Artificial Intelligence and Data
Science, including Computational Neuroscience and Computational Cognitive
Science (see ad below).

Odelia
---------

Link for ad and application:
https://umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UMFaculty/job/Coral-Gables-FL/Faculty-Positions-in-Computer-Science_R100034093

The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions
of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior
medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to
attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of
transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our
values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion,
Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where
everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the
largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400
faculty and staff from all over the world.

The Department of Computer Science at the University of Miami invites
applications for various level Professor positions. Candidates must possess
a PhD in Computer Science or a closely related discipline. These positions
require teaching and research expertise in Artificial Intelligence/Data
Science, including areas such as Data Extraction, Data Visualization,
Machine Learning, Cognitive Intelligence, and Intelligent Actuators.
Faculty are expected to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate
levels, and to develop and maintain an internationally recognized research
program. The department encourages innovative interdisciplinary work with
other units in the university.

Applicants should submit five PDF documents:

1. A cover letter, including the names and contact information for at least
three references.

2. Curriculum vitae.

3. Research plan.

4. Teaching philosophy, with results of all teaching evaluations from the
last two years.

5. Up to three representative papers (concatenated into a single PDF).

Submissions must be made online at
https://umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UMFaculty.

Review of applications will begin on 1st September 2019, and will continue
until the positions are filled.

Enquiries may be directed to search at cs.miami.edu.

The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are
encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law.