Connectionists: Call for Papers: 2019 AAAI 2019 Spring Symposium on Towards AI for Collaborative Open Science (TACOS-19)

Evan James Patterson epatters at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 30 13:41:02 EDT 2018

Call for Papers: Towards AI for Collaborative Open Science (TACOS-19)
https://www.epatters.org/tacos19/cfp/

We are announcing a call for papers, now with extended deadline, for the symposium Towards AI for Collaborative Open Science (TACOS-19), part of the AAAI 2019 Spring Symposium Series, to be held at Stanford University, March 25th to 27th, 2019. We invite submissions of research papers (6 pages), as well as short papers (2 pages) for work-in-progress or position pieces.

Important Dates:

Paper submission. November 16th, 2018 (deadline extended).
Notification. December 3rd, 2018.

Topics:

The purpose of the symposium is to explore how artificial intelligence and computational tools can accelerate the pace of scientific discovery. We solicit research papers and work-in-progress papers, making novel research contributions to networked, machine-assisted science, as well as position papers about how to advance the field. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

- AI and NLP methods for mining the scientific literature
- Meta-learning, meta-analysis, and model aggregation for open science
- Knowledge representation for the scientific process, e.g. for datasets or data analysis
- Knowledge representation for scientific knowledge, e.g. in biomedicine
- Software tools and formats for disseminating scientific knowledge
- Online platforms for collaborative basic science or data science
- Empirical studies of open scientific collaboration and innovation
- Incentives and rewards in open science

Further information: https://www.epatters.org/tacos19/