Connectionists: PhD in Cognitive Sciences at UC Irvine

Jeff Krichmar jkrichma at uci.edu
Mon Oct 29 21:55:49 EDT 2018

Dear colleagues,
The Department of Cognitive Sciences at UC Irvine has a number of openings for new graduate students starting Fall of 2019.  We are in the process of expanding our graduate program, so please feel free to forward this information to any interested parties.  All this information and more can be found in the attached leaflet and via cogs.ci <x-msg://28/cogs.ci>.
Our department specializes in

Computational and mathematical cognitive modeling
Cognitive neuroscience
Visual and auditory perception
Attention and representation
Learning and development
Memory and language
Judgment and decision making
... and is generally strong in the use of leading technologies such as EEG, fMRI, and robotics, and of modern research tools such as computational methods, big data, and Bayesian statistics.
We offer PhD degrees in Cognitive Sciences with an optional specialization in cognitive neuroscience and an optional joint degree (MS/PhD) in Statistics.  We also take pride in offering excellent financial packages to our graduate students, including at least five years of guaranteed support, health insurance, research funding, and more.

These positions are also open to international students with appropriate academic qualifications (i.e., a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field).

This year's deadline to apply is December 1, 2018.
I am happy to answer questions you or your students might have.
Best,
Joachim

--
Joachim Vandekerckhove