Connectionists: Advanced Research Fellowships - Artificial Intelligence

Peter Andras p.andras at keele.ac.uk
Wed Oct 10 14:00:13 EDT 2018

Industrial Strategy Advanced Research Fellowships

Special area of interest: Artificial Intelligence and industrial / medical
applications.

Keele University

Closes:

30th October 2018

Job Ref:

KU00000892

Salary: Grade 8 £42,036-£50,132/Grade 9 £51,630-£59,828

We’re Keele and we’re different. Founded over 60 years ago to meet the
challenges of a rapidly changing world, our mission today is as relevant as
it was then.

A key part of our mission is the delivery of research with the highest
impact.  The University and its Science & Innovation Park play a critical
economic anchor role across and beyond the Midlands area of the UK. In the
last 2 years we have invested over £40 million in building our capacity to
work collaboratively with business, industry and a wider set of partners. As
part of our future plans for continued investment, we are now seeking to
recruit two Industrial Strategy Advanced Research Fellows to the University.

Applications are welcomed from individuals with a track record in any
discipline, which aligns with the aims and objectives of the UK Government’s
Industrial Strategy and the UKRI Funding Councils delivering the strategy
(e.g. artificial intelligence). We particularly welcome applications which
will further build the University’s reputation for
internationally-excellent, world-leading and high impact research in one or
more grand challenge areas within the Industrial Strategy.

The fellowships are principally research focused positions until July 2021,
after which role-holders will transition into substantive academic roles
which will include both teaching and research responsibilities. Appointments
will be considered at grade 8 (Lecturer scale) or grade 9 (Senior Lecturer
scale). The level will be determined by the experience and track-record of
individual candidates.

Candidates will be expected to demonstrate an established or emerging track
record of high quality collaborative research with business, industry and
other non-academic partners across the UK, aligned to areas of existing
research endeavour at Keele University. An ability to demonstrate a
track-record and future desire to collaborate with a wide range of
commercial partners, large and small, will be welcomed.

Initial applications are invited with a deadline of 30 October 2018, with
interviews taking place 3-7 December 2018.  Applications will be selected
against the person specification for the role, which will include
consideration of how the proposed candidate will complement established and
emerging areas of research in regard to our interdisciplinary research
themes of: sustainable futures, social inclusion and global health.

Applicants interested in applying for these jobs in the area of Artificial
Intelligence and its industrial / medical applications may contact Professor
Peter Andras (p.andras at keele.ac.uk <mailto:p.andras at keele.ac.uk> ) for
further information about these jobs.

Keele University values equality and diversity across our workforce and to
ensuring our staff community is reflective of the diversity of our student
population. In support of these commitments the University welcomes
applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority
backgrounds for all roles.

For full post details please visit:  <http://www.keele.ac.uk/vacancies>
www.keele.ac.uk/vacancies

Keele University employees wishing to apply should login to Employee Self
Service and click on the 'View current vacancies' link.

Closing date for applications: 30th October 2018

Promoting Equality, Valuing Diversity.

---

Professor Peter Andras

Head of School