Connectionists: Joint faculty opening in Data Science and Neural Science at NYU

Eero Simoncelli eero at cns.nyu.edu
Wed Nov 14 11:46:36 EST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

The Center for Neural Science (CNS) and the Center for Data Science (CDS) at New York University invite applications for an open rank joint faculty position, anticipated to begin September 2019. Appointments may be made at either junior or senior level. We seek exceptional candidates that can carry out research programs aimed at quantitative analysis and modeling of neural data, and developing related data science tools and methods, leveraging existing strengths of CNS and CDS. We are particularly interested in scholars with cross-disciplinary research interests that complement those of our existing faculty. The successful candidate will be a faculty member in both units, with teaching, service, and other professional duties split between them.

Applications and supporting documents received by  31 December 2018  will receive full consideration.

Further information about the position, the two units, and the University:
   * http://www.cns.nyu.edu/faculty-search/
   * https://cds.nyu.edu/our-people/jobs/

Best,
Eero Simoncelli