Connectionists: Call for Participation - The 2018 MARLO Competition and AIIDE Workshop

Diego Perez Liebana diego.perez at qmul.ac.uk
Sun Nov 4 09:51:53 EST 2018

Dear all,

Submissions are open for the very first MARLO Competition, which will take place at the incoming AIIDE MARLO Workshop this month - https://marlo-ai.github.io<https://marlo-ai.github.io/>

The AIIIDE 2018 MARLO Workshop (14th November) presents a great line up of RL and Game AI talks, including a panel and two impressive keynote speakers:

 - Jesse Cluff (Coalition Games); Title: Game AI: The Appearance of Intelligence
 - Martin Schmid (Google DeepMind); Title: DeepStack: Expert-Level AI in Heads-Up No-Limit Poker

See program details here: https://marlo-ai.github.io/#program and register via the AIIDE registration page<https://sites.google.com/ncsu.edu/aiide-2018/home/registration?authuser=0>.

This workshop will also announce the winners of the Kick-off MARLO Competition. This competition (https://www.crowdai.org/challenges/marlo-2018) is a new challenge that proposes research on Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning using multiple games. Participants would create learning agents that will be able to play multiple 3D games as defined in the MalmO platform. The aim of the competition is to encourage AI research on more general approaches via multi-player games. For this, the Challenge will consist of not one but several games, each one of them with several tasks of varying difficulty and settings. Some of these tasks will be public and participants will be able to train on them. Others, however, will be private, only used to determine the final rankings of the competition.

You can submit your entry before November 14, 2018 in order to be eligible for our AIIDE prizes: the top 3 teams will be awarded with a MARLO Travel Grant for a maximum value of $2,500 USD for the team members to join a relevant conference to publish their competition result. See all details about the competition, prizes and submission at https://www.crowdai.org/challenges/marlo-2018

Best wishes,
The MARLO organisational team (https://marlo-ai.github.io/#contact)
Microsoft Research, Queen Mary University of London, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne and CrowdAI.org

---

Diego Pérez Liébana

Lecturer in Computer Games and Artificial Intelligence
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
Queen Mary University of London (UK)
email: diego.perez at qmul.ac.uk<mailto:diego.perez at qmul.ac.uk><mailto:dperez at essex.ac.uk>
web: http://www.diego-perez.net<http://www.diego-perez.net/>

Email notices:
1) You may have seen that I sometimes write emails outside (your) working hours. Please don't take this as an indication that I require an immediate response - we simply may be working at different times.
2) Because of the daily high load of emails, I may take some time to reply to you. If it's important, I may take even more time, because I want to provide an adequate response. If it's urgent, I'll try to reply quickly and maybe just with a very short email. No disrespect, just trying to be efficient - I'd understand if you did the same.