Connectionists: Call for Papers: Climate Informatics 2018

Climate Informatics climate.informatics.workshop at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:15:15 EDT 2018

https://climateinformatics.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c133efdef1698107f37032b1&id=0150151536&e=c607d1a580

** Call for Papers: The 8th International Workshop on Climate Informatics

When: Thursday, September 20, 2018 to Friday, September 21, 2018

Optional Hackathon: Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Where: Mesa Lab, National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) in Boulder, CO

Website: https://climateinformatics.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c133efdef1698107f37032b1&id=4db273824b&e=c607d1a580

Twitter: @Climformatics (https://climateinformatics.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c133efdef1698107f37032b1&id=ddd46f2f29&e=c607d1a580)

Climate informatics broadly refers to any research combining climate science with approaches from statistics, machine learning and data mining. The Climate Informatics workshop series, now in its eighth year, seeks to bring together researchers from all of these areas. We aim to stimulate the discussion of new ideas, foster new collaborations, grow the climate informatics community, and thus accelerate discovery across disciplinary boundaries. We also encourage submissions on data challenges and climate problems to be addressed. Since Earth system sciences can be brought to bear on the study of climate, the scope of the workshop also includes data science approaches to problems at the nexus of climate and the Earth system sciences.

The format of the workshop seeks to overcome cross-disciplinary language barriers and to emphasize communication between participants by featuring invited talks, panel discussions, spotlight presentations and posters.

We invite all researchers interested in learning about critical issues and opportunities in the field of climate informatics to join us, whether established in the field or just starting out. Information about participating in the workshop is available on the website.

Thank you.

CI 2018 Organizing Committee

** (https://climateinformatics.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c133efdef1698107f37032b1&id=a6aab71c8d&e=c607d1a580)
** (https://climateinformatics.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c133efdef1698107f37032b1&id=d945a20f6c&e=c607d1a580)
** (https://climateinformatics.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c133efdef1698107f37032b1&id=18e1487c1e&e=c607d1a580)
Copyright © 2018 Climate Informatics, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Climate Informatics
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523