Connectionists: PhD scholarships for NLP and Deep Learning at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia

Mark Johnson mark.johnson at mq.edu.au
Thu Jun 14 19:48:09 EDT 2018

A new round of competitive PhD scholarships at Macquarie University has opened for both Australian and non-Australian students, and we are encouraging top students in all areas of Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning to apply. Complete applications must be received by the 31st July, 2018. Successful applicants will have a strong academic background and a good research record.

We encourage students interested in the intersection of Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning to apply.  Specific research topics include semantic parsing, dialog systems, information extraction, language learning and vision and language.  Successful applicants should have a strong background in algorithms, linear algebra and calculus, and prior experience with packages such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.  For information about our group see http://web.science.mq.edu.au/~mjohnson/.  General information about the application process and the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) is here: https://www.mq.edu.au/research/phd-and-research-degrees/scholarships/hdr-main-scholarship-rounds/. You should email me (Mark dot Johnson @ MQ dot edu dot au) to discuss your specific research topic.