Connectionists: New MSc in Computational Cognitive Neuroscience

Max Garagnani max.garagnani at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 09:38:31 EDT 2018

**************************************************************************************************************

— Apologies for cross posting - Please forward to interested final year UG students —

The Departments of Computing and Psychology at Goldsmiths, University of London (UK) are pleased to announce the launch of a new

MSc in Computational Cognitive Neuroscience (see http://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/msc-computational-cognitive-neuroscience/)

* COURSE OUTLINE *

This is a our one-year Master degree program, consisting of taught courses plus research project and dissertation. It is designed for students with a good degree in the biological / life sciences (Psychology, Neuroscience, Biology, Medicine, etc.) or the physical sciences (computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering).

The core contents of this programme include (i) fundamentals of cognitive neuroscience (cortical and subcortical mechanisms and structures underlying cognition and behaviour, plus experimental and neuroimaging techniques), and (ii) concepts and methods of computational modelling of biological neurons, simple neuronal circuits, and higher brain functions. In particular, unlike many other existing computational neuroscience Masters (which focus predominantly on modelling “low-level” aspects of brain function), one of the distinctive features of this course is that it includes the study of biologically-constrained models of cognitive functions (including, e.g., language).

* HOW TO APPLY *

The program is currently accepting student applications.

NOTE:  ** PLACES ARE LIMITED ** and will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.

If you are considering enrolling, we strongly recommend to reserve a place on this course by submitting an online application.

To fill in an application, simply click on the link below and follow the instructions:

https://info.gold.ac.uk/OnlineServices/applications/appModuleList.aspx?id=128000142398953

We look forward to receiving your application!

With very best wishes,

Dr. Maria Herrojo-Ruiz (M.Herrojo-Ruiz at gold.ac.uk)

Dr. Max Garagnani (M.Garagnani at gold.ac.uk)

Max Garagnani, PhD. (Durham), PhD. (Cantab)

Lecturer in Computer Science

Programme Co-Leader, MSc in Computational Cognitive Neuroscience
Department of Computing
Goldsmiths, University of London
Lewisham Way, New Cross
London SE14 6NW