Connectionists: Scientific programmer position at Boston University

Marc Howard marc777 at bu.edu
Mon Jun 4 12:37:10 EDT 2018

Dear Connectionists,

My lab at Boston University is hiring a scientific programmer to work with
neurophysiological data.  The overall goal of the position is to facilitate
reuse of existing data and analysis code.  On the data side, we have data
from mice, rats, monkeys and humans (with a variety of recording
techniques).  We want to systematize these data formats so that they can
all be analyzed with the same software.  On the software side, we have
existing software written in a variety of languages to analyze various
things (mostly related to coding for space and time).  We want to pull
these pieces of software into a common library with versions in (at least)
python and matlab.   Other projects might be possible.  A neuroscience
background is not necessary, but would be a plus.  Strong coding and
technical skills are essential.  This is an excellent opportunity to learn
a lot of computational neuroscience in the context of a real job.

Apply via the BU job postings:
https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=302170

Please direct questions to marc777 at bu.edu

Thanks,