Connectionists: ESI SyNC Conference 2018 - Integrative Mechanisms of Cognitive Neuroscience

André Castro castro.neuro at pm.me
Wed Jul 11 16:23:56 EDT 2018

Dear all,

we are pleased to announce the 2018 edition of the ESI Systems Neuroscience Conference (ESI SyNC) on the topic of “Integrative Mechanisms of Cognitive Neuroscience" organized by the [Ernst Strüngmann Institute (ESI) for Neuroscience in Cooperation with Max Planck Society](http://www.esi-frankfurt.de/esi-frankfurt/) in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The conference will begin in the morning of 30 August and end in the evening of 31 August 2018.

Our confirmed invited speakers are the following:

- David Melcher (University of Trento, Italy)  --  "Temporal rhythms of visual perception"

- Dimitri Kullmann (UCL, UK) -- "Hippocampal gamma oscillations: dynamical properties and closed-loop manipulation"

- Matteo Carandini (UCL, UK) -- "Local and global neural correlates of vision, action, and reward"

- Biyu He (NYU, US) -- tba

- Melanie Wilke (DPZ, Germany) -- tba

- Wim Vanduffel (KU Leuven, Belgium) -- "Optogenetic interrogation of the attention network in primates"

- Anitha Pasupathy (University of Washington, US) -- "Encoding things and stuff: multiplexed form and texture signals in primate V4"

- Floris de Lange (Radboud University, Netherlands) -- "How do prior expectations influence sensory computations?"

- Hannah Monyer (Heidelberg University, Germany) -- tba

- James Bisley (UCLA, US) -- tba

This year we have the pleasure to announce as our special guest the choreographer Ildikó Tóth!

The registration deadline: 15 August 2018. Please see our [website](http://www.esi-frankfurt.de/esisync/esisync-home/) for more details and updates on the programme.

Organising Committee:

Wolf Singer
Pascal Fries