Connectionists: Postdoctoral fellowships at the Gatsby Unit

Maneesh Sahani maneesh+connectionists at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 26 11:27:05 EST 2018

The Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit invites applications for
one or more postdoctoral training fellowships in theoretical
neuroscience and related areas.

Neuroscience research in the unit focuses on the interpretation of
neural data, population coding, perceptual processing, neural
dynamics, neuromodulation, and learning. We have strong connections
with experimental neuroscience and cognitive science groups at UCL
(particularly in the Sainsbury-Wellcome Centre for Neural Circuits and
Behaviour with which the Unit shares a new purpose-built home) and at
institutions around the world. The Unit also has significant interests
across a range of areas in machine learning, and is perhaps unique in
the way these fields are brought together.

The fellowships are suitable for candidates with a doctoral degree and
previous experience in relevant theoretical neuroscience or machine
learning research.  We are especially keen to recruit fellows with
expertise in the modelling of perception or population-scale neural
data.

Full details of the fellowships, and information on how to apply, are
available at
http://www.gatsby.ucl.ac.uk/vacancies/TN%20Fellows/TN-2018.html

The closing date for applications is 23rd Mar 2018.

If you have questions unanswered by the website, please contact me by
email or in person at Cosyne.

--
Maneesh Sahani, Ph.D.
Professor of Theoretical Neuroscience and Machine Learning,