Connectionists: Post-doc position in Causal Inference for Geosciences [ERC project]

Gustau Camps-Valls gustau.camps at uv.es
Fri Dec 28 04:36:16 EST 2018

Post-doc position in Causal Inference for Geosciences [ERC project]

We are looking for outstanding postdoc candidates with a strong interest
in machine learning and geosciences to cover a post-doc position in the
Image and Signal Processing (ISP) group in the Universitat de Valencia,
Spain, http://isp.uv.es. The position is fully funded by an ERC
Consolidator Grant 2015-2020 entitled "Statistical Learning for Earth
Observation Data Analysis" (SEDAL), http://isp.uv.es/sedal.html, under
the direction of Prof. Gustau Camps-Valls.

*** The project and job description

This particular position is focused on learning causal models to explain
complex interactions in essential climate variables and remote sensing
observations, and discover hidden essential drivers and confounding
factors in Climate/Geo Sciences applications.

*** Who

Highly motivated researchers with a PhD degree in computer science,
statistics, machine learning, electrical engineering, physics, or
mathematics are encouraged to apply. All candidates should have a solid
understanding and knowledge of machine learning and statistics, and
being particularly interested in remote sensing and/or geoscience
problems. Good programming skills (Matlab/Python/R/C++), a critical and
organized sense for data analysis, as well as commitment, strong
communication, presentation and writing skills are a big plus.

*** Application details

- Deadline: Send your application as soon as possible. Positions will be
filled as soon as we have the right candidate!
- How? Send me: 2-pages CV, and a list of your 3 most representative papers
- Who: PhD in maths, physics, machine learning, or related disciplines.
Also, we care about the gender issue!
- How long? 1+1 years contract
- How much? Salary according to UV scales including social security,
health insurance benefits, and travel money
- Where? Valencia, Spain, Mediterranean city, nice weather, hike and
beach. Excellent cost-of-living index = 55

Prof. Gustau Camps-Valls
Image Processing Laboratory (IPL)
Universitat de València
Tlf: +34 963 544 064