Connectionists: Opening for phd students in Deep Learning/Spiking Neurons

Wolfgang Maass maass at igi.tugraz.at
Fri Aug 31 03:18:27 EDT 2018

We are looking for highly qualified Phd students who want to write a
thesis in the areas Deep Learning/Spiking Neurons/Brain
Models/Neuromorphic Hardware.
A background in Machine Learning, Computer Science, or Mathematics is
desirable, as well as evidence for excellent prior performance as a student.

We can offer financial support and collaboration with our partners in
the Human Brain Project (Flagship Project of the EU)
https://www.humanbrainproject.eu/en/
and the Intel Neuromorphic Research Community
https://newsroom.intel.com/editorials/intel-creates-neuromorphic-research-community/

Our current research focuses on applications of Deep Learning,
especially Learning-to-Learn, to optimize networks of spiking neurons in
TensorFlow https://www.tensorflow.org/

Please send your CV and pdf of your master thesis or other prior work by
September 9 to
Mrs. Windisch-Scharler    daniela.windisch-scharler at igi.tugraz.at

--
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Maass
Institut fuer Grundlagen der Informationsverarbeitung