Connectionists: POSTDOC position in computational cognitive neuroscience at Max Planck Institute in Berlin

Nicolas Schuck nico.schuck at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 11:26:50 EDT 2018

A postdoc position in cognitive computational neuroscience of decision making is available at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin. The position is part of the Max Planck Research Group "Neural & Computational Basis of Learning, Memory & Decision Making" led by Nico Schuck (nicolasschuck.com).

We look for someone to study neural representations in prefrontal cortex underlying decision making and reinforcement learning. The project will focus on using computational modelling and fMRI to identify neural signals of probabilistic state information during value-based decision making. We offer an engaging and inclusive atmosphere in a young international lab. We are excited about our work and organise regular seminars, journal clubs and hands on sessions. The MPI has excellent infrastructure (behavior, fMRI, EEG, eye-tracking), including support staff.

Official positing: https://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/sites/default/files/download/jobs/22-2018_stellenanzeige_mpfg_neurocode-ie.pdf

* Key Requirements *
- hold (or expect to hold by start of position) a PhD in Psych, Neuroscience, Biology, CS or related disciplines
- experience with using fMRI, behavioral and/or computational methods
- record of publishing in peer-reviewed neuroscientific journals is highly beneficial

* Details *
- deadline Oct 1st (review of applications will be continued if position not filled by then)
- position will last for a minimum of 2 years (extension possible)
- earliest start: Dec 2018

* Application *
- please submit cover letter describing research interests (max. 2 pages), CV and 1 - 2 representative publications as a single PDF file to neurocode at mpib-berlin.mpg.de
- arrange for 2 letters of recommendation to be send to us independently

* Questions? *
- check our lab website to learn more about us: http://www.princeton.edu/~nschuck/
- email Nico at schuck at mpib-berlin.mpg.de