Connectionists: aboutranking.com

Érdi Péter erdi.peter at wigner.mta.hu
Mon Nov 6 17:39:50 EST 2017

My Dear Collegaues:

I have a website/blog

aboutranking.com .

about the topic, (possibly a book) RANKING. The reality, illusion and
manipulation of objectivity

If you find relevant/interseting for you, please push
the "Follow" button rightdown, and make comments and suggestions! Any
advice is highly appreciated.

***

Like it or not, ranking is with us.  We like  ranking because it is simple
and  objective, and dislike because it is  biased and subjective.
RANKING discusses the Hows and Whys of our love and fear of rankings and
being ranked through  real life examples examined from three different
angles (reality, illusion, and manipulation) of objectivity. Ranking
converts scientific theories to everyday experiences by raising and
answering questions  as: are college ranking lists objective? How to rank
and rate countries based on their fragility, corruption or even happiness?
How to find the most relevant web pages? How to rank employees? How to
improve our digital reputation? We should find strategies how to navigate
between objective and
subjective evaluations and gets help to identify and modify our place in
real and virtual communities by combining our human intelligence with
computational techniques.

*****
Kind regards,
Peter Erdi