Connectionists: Neuromorphic Computing Symposium - Knoxville TN, USA - July 17-19

Todd Hylton thylton at eng.ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 13 12:54:18 EDT 2017

We are pleased to invite you to attend the Neuromorphic Computing Symposium
at the Crowne Plaza in downtown Knoxville, Tennessee, on July 17-19, 2017.

The goal of this symposium is to bring together leading researchers in
neuromorphic computing to present new research and develop new
collaborations. Our focus will be on architectures, models, and
applications of neuromorphic systems, resulting from a very successful
workshop last year.  This year's keynote speakers include Stan Williams,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Senior fellow; Hans Christen, director of the
Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences at Oak Ridge National Laboratory;
and Ralph Lydic, world-renowned neuroscientist and professor in the
Department of Psychology at the University of Tennessee.  We are also
having a dinner, co-sponsored by Knowm and Duke University, at the Lonesome
Dove restaurant in Knoxville, opened recently by celebrity chef Tim Love (
http://lonesomedoveknoxville.com/).  More details on this year's symposium
are available at:  https://ornlcda.github.io/neuromorphic2017/

The registration deadline for the symposium is *June 30*, and the deadline
for reserving a hotel in the symposium room block is *June 16*.  Please
register and reserve your hotel room as soon as possible to guarantee
attendance to the symposium!  Registration and hotel information are
available at https://ornlcda.github.io/neuromorphic2017/registration.html.

We are currently accepting short abstract submissions for posters to be
presented at the symposium.  Please email a title, author list, presenter
email, and short abstract (< 250 words) to Katie Schuman at
schumancd at ornl.gov by *June 21*.  Notifications for poster acceptances will
be sent on June 28.

We look forward to seeing you in Knoxville in July!​

--
Regards,

Todd Hylton <https://www.linkedin.com/in/todd-hylton-3841b81>
Executive Director, Contextual Robotics Institute
<http://jacobsschool.ucsd.edu/contextualrobotics/>
Professor of Practice, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
<http://ece.ucsd.edu/>
Jacobs School of Engineering <http://jacobsschool.ucsd.edu/>
UC San Diego