Connectionists: ICML 2017 Workshop on Computational Biology -- Deadline extended to June 8th

Sandhya Prabhakaran sandhyaprabhakaran at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 14:57:03 EDT 2017

Dear all,

We invite submissions to the Workshop on Computational Biology (
https://sites.google.com/view/compbioworkshopicml2017) to be held in
conjunction with ICML 2017 (https://2017.icml.cc/) conference in Sydney,
Australia (Aug 6th - 11th, 2017).

In Computational Biology, there have been credible developments in many
high-throughput technologies that enable data generation from many
interesting biological systems. The gamut of novel algorithms in Machine
Learning makes it very attractive to apply these methods to the challenging
biological questions. It therefore only seems befitting to bring together
researchers engaged in applying ML in Computational Biology to discuss
recent advances in this interdisciplinary field and ongoing developments.
We have invited several distinguished speakers from the Computational
Biology community to discuss and present their current research.

We invite extended abstracts dealing with interesting applications of ML
methods or bioinformatics approaches to biological and biomedical data
arising from, but not limited to NGS technologies (ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, Hi-C
etc), CyToF, single-cell sequencing, electronic health records, and imaging
technologies. In terms of methods, supervised and unsupervised ML, deep
learning, multi-task learning, kernel methods, probabilistic graphical
models would all be appropriate for the workshop.

Important Dates
---------------
Deadline for submissions : June 8th 2017
Notification of acceptance : June 16th, 2017
Workshop date : Aug 10th or 11th, 2017

Submission
----------
All novel Computational Biology approaches are of interest to the workshop.
We welcome original extended abstracts that present recently published work
as well as preliminary ideas. Extended abstracts should not exceed 4 pages
in length (plus 1 optional page for references) and should be in pdf format
(one column, font size 12). The submission need not be anonymized. If the
abstract concerns previously published work, please cite the original paper
in the workshop submission.

All accepted contributions shall be presented at the poster session. There
will be Travel Awards for Contributed Talks and Awards for Best Poster
Presentations.
Accepted abstracts will have the option of being published on the workshop
website. For authors who do not wish their abstracts to be posted online or
become citable, please mention this in the workshop submission.
Submissions should be made through the EasyChair system:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wcb2017

Invited Speakers
----------------

Anshul Kundaje (https://profiles.stanford.edu/anshul-kundaje), Stanford
University
Suchi Saria (http://www.suchisaria.com/), Johns Hopkins University
Cheng Soon Ong (http://www.ong-home.my/), Data61, Canberra

Registration
------------
All participants must register for the ICML 2017 workshop (
https://2017.icml.cc/Register2).

Contact
-------
For workshop-related queries please contact:
wcbicml at gmail.com

We are looking forward to your submissions!

Organizing Committee:
Dana Pe'er (https://www.mskcc.org/research-areas/labs/dana-pe-er), MSKCC
Christina Leslie (https://www.mskcc.org/research-areas/labs/christina-leslie),
MSKCC
Barbara Engelhardt (https://www.cs.princeton.edu/~bee/), Princeton
University
Elham Azizi (http://elhamazizi.info/), MSKCC
Sandhya Prabhakaran (http://sandhyaprabhakaran.com/), MSKCC
Meghana Kshirsagar (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mkshirsa/), MSKCC
Ambrose Carr (http://ambrosejcarr.com/), MSKCC
(MSKCC: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NYC)