Connectionists: [Postdoc][Permanent Position] Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning (multiple positions) ​

Julien Perez julien.perez at naverlabs.com
Thu Dec 21 03:59:15 EST 2017

Dear Connectionists,

The mission of NAVER LABS Europe is to advance the state-of-the-art in Ambient Intelligence including autonomous vehicles, robotics, AI, 3D mapping and AR while paving the way for these innovations into NAVER products and services. To implement our current expansion in Europe, we are looking for applications from research scientists who want to contribute to the invention, development and benchmarking of Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning technologies in diverse areas of sequential decision making such as autonomous navigation, robotic control, Active SLAM, recommendation systems, web search and Human-Computer Interaction. At NAVER LABS, we encourage active participation in the academic community and our researchers regularly collaborate with world-class public research groups. We regularly publish in venues such as NIPS, ICML, ICLR, ECML and IJCAI. We also release datasets for public use and co-organise challenges such as DSTC-6.

Requirements:

•             Ph.D. in Statistical Machine Learning with a strong experience in Deep Learning and/or Reinforcement learning.

•             Excellent publication track record in major machine learning conferences and journals.

•             Strong development skills, preferably in python and C/C++.

•             Highly motivated.

Application instructions

To submit an application, please send your CV, cover letter as well as the name of at least one reference to julien.perez at naverlabs.com and dl_candidates at naverlabs.com.

NAVER LABS is an ambient intelligence company owned by NAVER Corporation, Korea’s leading internet company. NAVER operates the nation’s top search portal “NAVER,” and other innovative services in the global market including mobile messenger LINE, video messenger SNOW and community app BAND. It has annual revenue of more than 3 billion euros.

NAVER LABS is a world class team of self-motivated and highly engaged researchers, engineers and interface designers collaborating together to create next generation ambient intelligence technology and services that are rich with the organic understanding they have of users, their contexts and situations. Since 2013 the LABS have led NAVER’s innovation in technology through products such as the AI-based translation app ‘Papago’, the omni-tasking web browser ‘Whale’, the virtual AI assistant ‘WAVE’, AMBIDEX, the biologically-inspired robotic arm, in-vehicle information entertainment system ‘AWAY’ and AROUND, the 3D indoor mapping robot.

We look for people who like to take on new challenges, who collaborate beyond team boundaries and who believe in user value.  We’re working toward creating a better world where people can focus on what’s important in life rather than having to spend time constantly learning new tools.

--

Julien Perez, PhD

Lead – Machine Learning and Optimization group

Naver Labs Europe