Connectionists: AREADNE 2016 Call for Abstracts

John Pezaris jpezaris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:17:42 EST 2016

****** CALL FOR ABSTRACTS ******

AREADNE 2016
Research in Encoding and Decoding of
Neural Ensembles

22-26 June 2016
Nomikos Conference Centre
Santorini, Greece

Celebrating
10 Years of
AREADNE
Conferences

http://www.areadne.org
info at areadne.org

INTRODUCTION

A fundamental problem in neuroscience is to understand how the activation
of neuronal populations gives rise to higher order functions including
learning, memory, cognition, perception, action and ultimately conscious
awareness. Electrophysiological recordings have revealed considerable
information about the firing patterns of single neurons, but it remains
largely a mystery how collections of individual neurons interact to perform
these functions.  Understanding ensemble activity is critical to
understanding the brain.

CONFERENCE MISSION

The AREADNE Conferences have been created to gather global scientific
leaders who work on neural ensembles and establish a touch-point for the
widely disparate and hybrid field. With a spectacular setting on Santorini,
the conferences have been carefully planned to foster discussion and
interaction between attendees to encourage the establishment of lasting
professional relationships.  The meetings continue our efforts to promote
systems neuroscience in Greece through creating a world-class forum for
cutting-edge research.  For 2016, we will be Celebrating Ten Years of
AREADNE Conferences!

FORMAT AND SPEAKERS

The conference will span four days, in morning and early evening
sessions.  Confirmed speakers include experts in the field of
multi-neuron experiment, theory, and analysis (in alphabetic order):

Michele Basso
Matthias Bethge
Rick Born
Rosa Cossart
James DiCarlo
Alexander Ecker
Lisa Giocomo
Konrad Kording
Matthew Larkum
Albert Lee
John Maunsell
May-Britt Moser
Stephanie Palmer
Xaq Pitkow
Michael Roukes
Irini Skaliora
Stelios Smirnakis
Nelson Spruston
Michael Stryker
Gina Turrigiano

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

We are currently soliciting abstracts for poster presentation.
Submissions will be accepted electronically, and must be received
by 12 Feb 2016.  Automated email acknowledgment of submission
will be provided, and manual verification will be made a few days
after submission.  Notification of acceptance will be provided by
15 March 2016.

Please see our Call for Abstracts page for additional details and
submission templates: http://areadne.org/call-for-abstracts

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Dora Angelaki
Nicholas Hatsopoulos, co-chair
John Pezaris, co-chair
Panayiota Poirazi
Thanos Siapas
Andreas Tolias

FURTHER INFORMATION AND SPECIAL NOTE

For further information on AREADNE 2016 please see the conference web site
http://www.areadne.org or send email to info at areadne.org.

Please note that the timing of the DENDRITES 2016 meeting
(http://dendrites2016.gr) in Crete dovetails quite nicely with the AREADNE
2016 meeting in Santorini.

--
Dr. J. S. Pezaris