Connectionists: strong AI and practopoiesis

Danko Nikolic danko.nikolic at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 2 03:55:58 EST 2016

Dear list members,

This recent TEDx talk at the European Space Agency introduces my
proposal on how to create strong artificial intelligence founded in the
theory of practopoiesis:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZMlzMTR6l8

The proposal suggests how to solve the problem formulated by John
Searle: current AI cannot understand the world in the way humans understand.

A short answer to the long story: the knowledge should not be stored
primarily in synaptic weights but instead, in the learning rules; to
create strong AI we need millions of specialized learning rules.

I hope you will find this insightful.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Danko Nikolic

--
Prof. Dr. Danko Nikolić

Web:
http://www.danko-nikolic.com

Mail address 1:
Department of Neurophysiology
Max Planck Institute for Brain Research
Deutschordenstr. 46
60528 Frankfurt am Main
GERMANY

Mail address 2:
Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies
Wolfgang Goethe University
Ruth-Moufang-Str. 1
60433 Frankfurt am Main
GERMANY