Connectionists: Research Engineer Position at EPFL's Computer Vision Lab

Pascal Fua pascal.fua at epfl.ch
Fri Aug 26 11:32:42 EDT 2016

EPFL's Computer Vision laboratory (http://cvlab.epfl.ch) is involved in
a joint project with the Swiss SecondSpectrum office (
http://www.secondspectrum.com/). Its goal is to enable sports fan to
interact with a game they could previously only passively observe. To
this end, we will develop mobile device apps that rely on Computer
Vision techniques to let them access information about a player or match
by either selecting a player or part of the game on their mobile
device’s screen, or by pointing their mobile device’s camera at a
sporting event that is taking place before them.

We are looking for a research engineer to help us collect data and write
industrial-grade software for this 18-month project.

Profile:

- Master's degree in a field related to Image Processing and Compute
r Vision.
- Proven record of writing industrial-grade code.
- Previous experience with Image Registration and/or Deep Networks would
be a plus.

Duration:

- One year, renewable for at least another 6 months.

Applying:

Please send your CV with three references to Mrs. Ariane Staudenmann
(ariane.staudenmann at epfl.ch).