Connectionists: Call for applications: travel grants for advanced PhD students, the 2016 ELSC Annual Retreat

Yoram Burak yoram.burak at elsc.huji.ac.il
Sat Aug 6 08:01:29 EDT 2016

Please distribute to whoever may be interested.
Thanks,
Yoram

---

*Competitive travel grants: ELSC retreat, January 2017*

We'd like to reach out through you to advanced PhD students in your
institute who may be interested in a fully supported travel opportunity to
join us at the Annual Retreat of our Brain Center (ELSC) in the Desert
Resort of Ein Gedi at the end of January 2017.

The Edmond and Lily Safra Center for Brain Sciences (ELSC) at the Hebrew
University of Jerusalem is an ambitious scientific venture, building upon
Hebrew University’s record of excellence and innovation in its
multidisciplinary approach to brain science.
At ELSC, researchers work collaboratively, covering the full spectrum of
neuroscience research (for more information, see
http://elsc.huji.ac.il/science/scientists)

ELSC is offering up to 20 competitive travel grants for advanced PhD
students to attend ELSC's 2017 annual retreat and present their work.

Last year’s program can be seen via the following link:
http://elsc.huji.ac.il/content/elsc-retreat-2016

Candidates are required to send their CVs, together with letters of intent
and recommendation to: elsc-retreat at elsc.huji.ac.il by November 1, 2016.

ELSC invites selected attendees to extend their visit, at our expense, and
spend 2-3 days visiting ELSC labs, exploring opportunities for a
postdoctoral internship and collaborations. We will be delighted to assist
with the necessary arrangements.

See also:
http://elsc.huji.ac.il/content/elsc-retreat-2017

For enquiries, please contact Ms. Idit Nusilevitz: idit.nusi at elsc.huji.ac.il

Many Thanks!
The organising committee.
___

Yoram Burak
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Racah Institute of Physics  |
Edmond and Lily Safra Center for Brain Sciences
p: +972-2-6585837/84523       w: http://elsc.huji.ac.il/burak
a: Danciger B 103, Safra Campus, Jerusalem 91904, Israel