Connectionists: Postdoc/Assistant Professor position for Principles of Brain Computation and Learning

Wolfgang Maass maass at igi.tugraz.at
Tue Aug 2 04:12:15 EDT 2016

Applications are invited for a 50% position as Assistant Professor
(Universitätsassistent mit Doktorat, for 6 years), that is combined with
a 50% position as Postdoc researcher in our Lab. We are looking for a
researcher with a strong background in theory (such as theoretical
computer science, mathematics, theoretical neuroscience, theoretical
physics), programming experience, a strong research track record, and a
keen interest in unraveling the principles of brain computation and
learning. Teaching can be carried out in English.

Our research is carried out in direct collaboration with experimental
neuroscientists that record from hundreds or thousands of neurons in the
brain while it computes and learns. We aim at extracting functional
principles that can be used to build powerful artificial brains on large
neuromorphic hardware systems, in particular, on SpiNNaker and the
BrainScaleS system  (developed at the University of Heidelberg), see
e.g.  http://primeurmagazine.com/weekly/AE-PR-08-16-74.html

A sketch of current research in my Lab can be found in #228 on
http://www.igi.tugraz.at/maass/publications.html

Please send your application, including a publication list and pdf's of
unpublished work, as well as names and email addresses of 3 referees, at
your earliest convenience to
Ms. Daniela Potzinger
daniela.potzinger at igi.tugraz.at

--
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Maass
Institut fuer Grundlagen der Informationsverarbeitung