Connectionists: Phd-Positions in Bonn & Florida: Max Planck Research School Brain and Behavior

Jakob Macke Jakob.Macke at caesar.de
Thu Nov 5 14:34:58 EST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The new International Max Planck Research School for Brain and Behavior is a fully funded graduate program in the neurosciences jointly hosted between caesar, Bonn, Germany and the Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience (MPFI), USA.  In addition, IMPRS for Brain and Behavior is co-run by partner Universities: University of Bonn, Germany and Florida Atlantic University in the USA.   Detailed information is available on our web site: http://www.imprs-brain-behavior.mpg.de.

IMPRS for Brain and Behavior is announcing fully-funded Ph.D. positions in Neuroscience.  Students will receive both theoretical and hands-on training in a large range of modern imaging, electro-physiological,  molecular and computational techniques.  They will be exposed to a broad range of research areas based on how sensory information is encoded in neural circuits and how these circuits are activated during behavior.  Students will take courses and attend scientific symposia at the partner institutions in Bonn and Florida – thereby being exposed to an exceptionally broad group of international scientists and provided the opportunity to earn a doctorate under outstanding research conditions.

Successful candidates will work in a young and dynamic international environment, embedded in the local scientific communities of caesar or MPFI.  As both caesar and MPFI are part of a large cluster of Max Planck Institutes working in the neurosciences, students will have unparalleled insight into the broad range of outstanding research taking place in the Max Planck Society, Germany’s most successful research organization.

The Ph.D. program is open to highly qualified and motivated candidates from all over the world who hold an outstanding diploma or master degree.  Please upload your application (details online) through the online application portal found at: http://www.imprs-brain-behavior.mpg.de

Application deadline is December 1; positions available starting September 2016.  For further information please contact:  info at imprs-brain-behavior.org or Denise Butler, Coordinator, phone: +49(0)228 / 9656-318, imprs.info at caesar.de.

We are excited about this new venture!  We ask that you spread the word far and wide by forwarding this email to students and colleagues interested in our overarching theme of how sensory information is encoded in neural circuits and is ultimately transformed to behavior.

Jakob Macke
Max Planck Research Group Leader
Neural Systems Analysis
phone +49/228/9656170
fax +49/228/96569170
e-mail: jakob at caesar.de
www.mackelab.org

research center caesar
an associate of the Max Planck Society
Ludwig-Erhard-Allee 2
53175 Bonn, Germany
www.caesar.de

Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience
72076 Tübingen, Germany
www.bccn-tuebingen.de