Connectionists: Call for Papers ( Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience): Special Issue on Neuropsychology through the lenses of Computational Modelling

Eirini Mavritsaki Eirini.Mavritsaki at bcu.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 19:28:45 EST 2015

Call for Papers
Special Issue in Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience
'Neuropsychology through the lenses of Computational Modelling'

Extended Deadline 16th of March

Computational modelling may provide an increasingly important tool for furthering neuropsychology and understanding brain impairments – but there remain many issues: how can different types of lesion be best modelled? What are the differences between damage to grey matter and to fibre tracts? What the effects of learning within damaged systems or systems where there is an imbalance in neurotransmitters?
For this reason a special issue that brings together state-of-the-art papers on the computational modelling of neuropsychological disorders, with papers covering different levels of modelling (from spiking neurons to higher-level connectionist modelling), using imaging as well as behavioural data, and addressing a number of different disorders (attention, language, memory etc.) is expended to contribute significantly to the field of Neuropsychology and Computational Neuroscience.

In collaboration with Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, we are organizing a Research Topic titled "Neuropsychology through the lenses of computational modelling”, hosted by Eirini Mavritsaki, Glyn Humphreys. As host editor, I would like to encourage you to contribute to this topic.

Frontiers, a Swiss open-access publisher, recently partnered with Nature Publishing Group to expand its researcher-driven Open Science platform. Frontiers articles are rigorously peer-reviewed, can be disseminated freely and are widely read by your colleagues and by the broader scientific and medical research communities.

The idea behind a research topic is to create an organized, comprehensive collection of several contributions, as well as a forum for discussion and debate. Contributions can be articles describing original research, methods, hypothesis & theory, opinions, etc.

We have created a homepage on the Frontiers website (Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience) where all articles will appear after peer-review and where participants in the topic will be able to hold relevant discussions:
http://www.frontiersin.org/Computational_Neuroscience/researchtopics/Neuropsychology_through_the_le/3580.

Frontiers will also compile an e-book, as soon as all contributing articles are published, that can be used in classes, be sent to foundations that fund your research, to journalists and press agencies, or to any number of other organizations.

As such, a manuscript accepted for publication incurs a publishing fee, which varies depending on the article type. Research Topic manuscripts receive a significant discount on publishing fees. Please take a look at this fee table: http://www.frontiersin.org/about/PublishingFees.

Once published, your articles will remain free to access for all readers, and will be indexed in PubMed and other academic archives. As an author in Frontiers, you retain the copyright to your own papers and figures.

I would be delighted if you considered participating in this Research Topic.

Should you choose to participate, please confirm by sending me a quick email and then your abstract no later than Feb 16, 2015 using the following link: http://www.frontiersin.org/Computational_Neuroscience/researchtopics/Neuropsychology_through_the_le/3580

Please note that the deadline for manuscript submission is on: Jun 30, 2015

Since I am using the Frontiers system to manage this topic, I would really appreciate if you could also please indicate your decision by clicking on one of the links below.

<<Variable for accept/decline links – do not edit!>>

With best regards,

Eirini Mavritsaki
Guest Associate Editor, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience
www.frontiersin.org

Eirini Mavritsaki, Ph.D., CPsychol
Co-Director of the Centre for Applied Psychological Research (CAP Research)
Business Development Coordinator for Social Sciences
Senior Lecturer in Cognitive Psychology

Faculty of Business Law and Social Sciences
Birmingham City University
D 3.17 Dawson Building
City North Campus
Perry Bar, Birmingham