Connectionists: Free dessert at Cosyne! Seeking mentors for Undergraduate Travel Grant Program

Robert Wilson bob at email.arizona.edu
Fri Feb 13 17:45:50 EST 2015

For those of you attending Cosyne this year who are interested in
promoting diversity in our field and free food ...

The Cosyne Undergraduate Travel Grant is a new program this year that
will bring 12 undergraduates from underrepresented groups to the
conference.  As part of the program we would like to pair each student
with a `conference mentor’, a PhD student or Postdoc who can orient
them to the field and guide them through the information overload of a
scientific conference.

Duties include: meeting the students, taking them to a poster session
and attending an exclusive DESSERT RECEPTION with them on Friday
(March 6th).

If you’re interested please email Robert Wilson at
bob at email.arizona.edu for more information or to apply.