Connectionists: Machine Learning faculty openings: University of Toronto

Richard Zemel zemel at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Dec 3 17:20:27 EST 2015

University of Toronto Computer Science is hiring in machine learning
broadly this year and for several years to come.

The Toronto machine learning group includes faculty members Geoffrey
Hinton, Radford Neal, Brendan Frey, Daniel Roy, Sanja Fidler, Raquel
Urtasun, and Richard Zemel, and also has strong ties to our vision,
NLP, and computational biology research groups.

Our department has 2+ openings in machine learning this year: one
aimed at machine learning and statistics, a second at applied
machine learning.  However, we encourage applicants in all areas of
machine learning -- we would like to hire new faculty who can
complement our existing strengths. There are additional positions
that are open to broad areas of CS, which can also include machine
learning.

http://web.cs.toronto.edu/dcs/contact/employmentopp.htm

Review of applications will begin soon, and will continue until the
positions are filled.

Please forward this message to anyone who might be interested.

Best, Richard Zemel & Raquel Urtasun Professors, Computer Science
Department University of Toronto