Connectionists: Henry Rutgers Term Chair in Computer and Data Science

Bart Krekelberg bart at vision.rutgers.edu
Thu Sep 11 09:43:03 EDT 2014

Rutgers University - Newark (RU-N) seeks outstanding candidates to serve as
Henry Rutgers Term Chair in Computer and Data Science, with a specific
focus on computational methods in machine learning, or statistical modeling
of complex data sets in the sciences, engineering, business, or medical
fields. Recruitment is at the associate professor level; however,
exceptional candidates qualifying for the full professor rank may  be
considered.

This recruitment is part of the Rutgers University Strategic Plan to
strengthen Rutgers leadership in burgeoning fields, and part of the new
transdisciplinary research Institute for Data Science, Learning, and
Applications (I-DSLA). I-DSLA brings together computer scientists,
cognitive scientists, philosophers, and domain experts in neuroscience,
environmental science, chemistry, medicine, business, and other
professions. The new hire will be poised to leverage these experts as well
as a new high performance computing cluster on the RU-N campus, to advance
knowledge about learning from data.

Applicants should hold a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computational
Statistics, or a related field and have a record of excellent scholarship,
as demonstrated by significant publications and funding. They should be
open to collaborative research within the RU-N community and will be
expected to help build a group of faculty in areas related to I-DSLA, maintain
an active externally-funded research program, teach undergraduate and
graduate courses, and mentor Ph.D. students.

Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public
research university and the state's preeminent, comprehensive public
institution of higher education. Rutgers, the State University of New
Jersey, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified
applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran
status, military service or any other category protected by law. As an
institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit
discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in
the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training,
compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms
and conditions of employment.

Applicants should apply no later than November 1st, 2014.   To receive
detailed instructions on how to apply, please email hrsearch at rutgers.edu with
the subject line 'How to apply'.

--
---