Connectionists: Special Issue on Brain Mind in the International Journal of Intelligence Science (IJIS)

Juyang Weng weng at cse.msu.edu
Tue Nov 25 11:42:52 EST 2014

 From Scientific Research Publishing:

I am glad to tell you that we have launched *Special Issue on Brain Mind
(BM)*:

The purpose of this special issue is to promote the researches of Brain
Mind, which is one of the substantial topics in intelligence science.
Scientists have made great strides toward understanding how the human
brain works. But as they unlock the secrets of the brain's cellular
machinery, they face a question that has occupied science and philosophy
for centuries: What is the relationship between the brain and that
complex set of experiences and behaviors we call the "mind?" This
special issue solicits recent cutting-edge and promising progresses in
brain mind research. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

  * Brain area: neural networks, brain-mind architecture, multisensory
    integration, and neural modulation
  * Behaviors: actions, motor development, concept learning,
    abstraction, languages, decision making, reasoning and creativity
    granular computing
  * Memories: working memory, episodic memory, semantic memory,
    procedural memory
  * Consciousness: consciousness theory, motivation, meta-cognition,
    inter-modal attention
  * Learning: deep learning, neural computing, introspective learning
  * Mind computation: informational mind, computational model of mind
  * Brain-like computing: pattern recognition, robotics, computer
    architecture, image analysis, computer vision, speech recognition

According to the following timetable:

Submission Deadline

December 31st, 2014

Publication Date