Connectionists: Postdoctoral Position at the Bernstein Center Freiburg, University of Freiburg, Germany

Birgit Ahrens birgit.ahrens at bcf.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Nov 6 06:42:26 EST 2014

*PostDoc Position in Non-Clinical Epilepsy Research in the
Biomicrotechnology lab of Prof. Ulrich Egert*

We are currently offering a PostDoc position (2 years) in the Laboratory
for Biomicrotechnology
(http://www.bcf.uni-freiburg.de/people/details/egert) at the University
of Freiburg.

The project investigates mechanisms underlying mesiotemporal lobe
epilepsy from the perspective of the dysfunction of interaction between
subnetworks in the hippocampal formation (Froriep et al. 2012,
Epilepsia). We aim to use targeted stimulation to reduce the circuit's
susceptibility for seizures.

For this project, we are searching for a neurophysiologist to implement
a new paradigm for stimulation in a mouse model of epilepsy. It is
essential that you have a background in neuroscience, ideally in
experimental neurophysiology in vivo as well as a PhD degree. You should
further be competent in data analysis and have an affinity for the
network perspective.

The project is part of the Cluster of Excellence
"BrainLinks-BrainTools'' (www.brainlinks.uni-freiburg.de), together with
the Bernstein Center Freiburg (www.bcf.uni-freiburg.de) and will combine
neurophysiology, computational neuroscience and neurotechnology.

*Please apply using our online form at https://yoda.bcf.uni-freiburg.de/*

Further details on: www.bcf.uni-freiburg.de/jobs

Contact:
Dr. Birgit Ahrens