Connectionists: Two postdoc positions: computational vision, sparse coding

Hans du Buf dubuf at ualg.pt
Tue May 20 07:06:53 EDT 2014

The Vision Laboratory develops models of visual perception.
Our models of simple, complex and end-stopped cells run in
real time on multi-core CPUs and on GPUs.
See the V1 keypoints at http://w3.ualg.pt/~kterzic/videos.html
Our keypoints show state-of-the-art repeatability if compared
to SIFT etc. We are now also developing binary descriptors to
outperform BRISK etc. The keypoints and descriptors will be
embedded into a deep hierarchy for object recognition in
complex scenes. Basic descriptors work already on mobile robots.
We are at the edge between computer vision and computational
neuroscience.

We can hire two postdocs who are proficient in C++ and OpenCV.
Since guaranteed funding is available until March 31, 2015,
we seek adventurous candidates who can jump on the plane before
the 1st of July. Adventurous because we are at the brink of a
real breakthrough with top-class papers, and follow-up funding
is being prepared via both Portuguese and European projects.

Duration: July 1st - March 31, possibly continued.
Remuneration: 1495 euro/month - exempt from taxation.
Location: Faro, sunny Algarve, Portugal.
VISA: European citizen or valid working permit in Schengen area.

Interested postdocs must apply as soon as possible, but BEFORE
June 13, 2014! One postdoc MUST have the PhD degree by then.
Please send email with ONLY CV to Prof. Joao Rodrigues
(jrodrig at ualg.pt) or to me (dubuf at ualg.pt).
Please use Subject: KPpostdocs
Regards,
Hans

Prof.dr.ir. J.M.H. du Buf                          mailto:dubuf at ualg.pt
Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science - FCT,
University of Algarve,                            fax (+351) 289 818560
Campus de Gambelas, 8000 Faro, Portugal. tel (+351) 289 800900 ext 7761